ROOTS Shelter  

Young Adults 18-25

Address: University Temple United Methodist Church at 1415 NE 43rdStreet (in the basement)

Phone: 206-632-1635


Youth Care- Orion Center  

Young Adults 18-24

Address: 1828 Yale Ave, Seattle, WA 98101

Phone: Shelter Message Line: (206) 724-0950

Additional Questions: (206) 622-5555 ext. 234


Eastside:  Friends of Youth

Friends of Youth-The Landing  

Young Adults 18-24

Address: 16225 NE 87th Street, Suite A-1, Redmond WA 98052

Phone: (425) 449-3868


South King County: Auburn Youth Resource

Arcadia Youth Shelter  

Young Adults 18-24

Address: 915 H St. SE Auburn, WA 98002

Phone: 253-740-7189


Transitional & Permanent Housing Programs

If you are 18-25 and are either homeless or at risk of losing your housing within 14 days, you may complete a Youth Housing Connections assessment to place you in the waiting pool for all housing programs in King County.  

Eviction Prevention

YMCA Young Adult Services –Eviction Prevention Funds Program

Provides emergency rental assistance and housing stabilization support to young adults 18-25 living throughout all of King County.

Phone: Maurine Worgum 206-549-8625

Orientation Sessions:

            Mondays 1:30-3:30pm

            2100 24th Ave S. Suite 250

            Seattle, WA 98144

*All other eviction prevention programs call 2-1-1*

Family Housing

If you are 18 or older, are parenting and are homeless or staying in a place not meant for human habitation (ex: car, outside, abandoned building, etc.) call 2-1-1 and ask for a Family Housing Connections assessment. 



Phone: (206) 436-8600

Multiple locations. Call to see the closest one to you!


YMCA Young Adult Services

Phone: (206) 749-7550

Address: 2100 24th Ave S. Suite 250

Seattle, WA 98144

Drop-in hours: M-Th 1:30-5:30pm

                    Fri  10:00am-2:00pm


Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR):

*The Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR) provides employment services and counseling to individuals with disabilities who want to work but experience barriers to work because of a physical, sensory, and/or mental disability.*

Phone: (206) 273-7100

Address: 400 Mercer St # 508, Seattle, WA 98109


Basic Food Benefits (food stamps/EBT)

  • How to apply for Basic Food Benefits (food stamps):

            Option 1: Go online and fill out the application

at www.washingtonconnection.org

            Option 2: Go into your local Community Services Office

Call this number for more information: 1-877-501-2233


Teen Feed

*Food programs for anyone 13-25 offered at various locations throughout King County*

Phone: (206) 522-4366   Call for times and locations for free meals and services


Food Banks:

Call 2-1-1 for a to find the food bank that works for you or hop on the internet, google ‘Seattle food bank directory’ and you can find a full list of all the food banks in the area. 


If you were in foster care and had medical insurance, you should be eligible to keep that insurance until you turn 26. It is called the Medicaid to 26 program. If you have any questions or lost your Provider One card here is how to contact them…


What if I have questions or I lose my ProviderOne Services Card?

Call the Foster Care Medical Team (FCMT) using the following directions:
The phone system is very sensitive so make sure there isn’t a lot of noise around you.

  1. Dial: 1-800-562-3022 – Extension 15480 (do not dial the extension until prompted)
  2. Stay on the line.
  3. Say, “Dial” when the system asks you if you have an extension.
  4. When the system asks if you are a “client, provider, or other.” DO NOT answer; just press “3” on your phone.
  5. The system will say it is transferring you and then ask you to dial the extension number.
  6. Dial the FCMT extension number – 15480.

The FCMT uses interpreter services when needed. These instructions also apply to non-English speaking youth.

Mental Health

Crisis Clinic

*The 24-Hour Crisis Line provides immediate help to individuals, families and friends of people in emotional crisis*

Phone: 866-4CRISIS (427-4747)  or  (206) 461-3222


Sound Mental Health and Counseling Services

Address: 1600 E Olive St, Seattle, WA 98122

Phone: (206) 302-2200


YMCA Family Services & Mental Health

Address: 2100 24th Ave S. Suite 260

Phone: (206) 382-5340

*Can get referral through Young Adult Services Staff*


Atlantic Street Center

Address: 2103 S Atlantic St, Seattle, WA 98144

Phone: (206) 454-3913


Women Infants and Children (WIC):

*WIC is a nutrition program that helps pregnant women, new mothers, and young children eat well, learn about nutrition and stay healthy*

Go to the website to find a location closest to you!

Phone to Seattle Location:   206-477-8300


Nurse-Family Partnership:

*This is for women who are having their first baby. If you enroll, a registered nurse will visit you in your home throughout pregnancy and continue to visit until your baby is 2 years old. *

Phone: 206-296-3133


YMCA Parenting Support: Building Blocks

*Free parenting support and coaching program for families with children 6 years old or younger*

Phone: 206-326-0898


2100 24th Ave S. Suite 260

Seattle, WA 98144

Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF):

*Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) provides temporary cash for families in need.*

Phone: 1-800-737-0617

Family Finding

YMCA’s Lifelong Family Connections:

Address: 2100 24th Ave S. Suite 260

Phone: 206.437.2166 

*Serves anyone 11-25 who is in or was in foster care*


Family Reunification Program (through Catholic Community Services)

Contact: Sarah Zanders  425-891-4053


*Serves anyone 13-25 (no foster care experience necessary)*

Driver’s Ed

Treehouse –Little Wishes Program

*They offer up to $350 towards Driver’s Education if you have not already used that resource*

Phone: (206) 767-7000 (ask for Little Wishes)


2100 24th Ave S Suite 200

Seattle, WA 98144

*Must have an updated referral from someone from the Independent Living Program*