YMCA Young Adult Services works actively with funders and community partners to advance outcomes for youth transitioning from foster care or homelessness.
The Y is proud to partner with:
- Treehouse to improve high school/GED graduation rates and postsecondary enrollment/retention rates for youth in foster care
- Casey Family Programs to improve permanency and other transition outcomes for youth experiencing foster care
- Mockingbird Society to promote youth engagement and systems improvement around child welfare and homelessness
- YouthCare to improve employment/education services and housing options for homeless young adults
- Children's Administration to engage youth in foster care with independent living services and education services
- Local government including the City of Seattle, King County and the Department of Commerce to provide housing and services for homeless and at-risk youth
- Seattle and King County Housing Authorities to provide housing
The Y is an active partner in the Youth & Young Adult initiative of King County's Committee To End Homelessness.
Young Adult Services participates on the Washington Coalition for Homeless Youth Advocacy, and is a member of the Seattle King County Coalition on Homelessness.